A RHQ or Regional Headquarters can only be setup and operated by a foreign corporation, which has subsidiaries, branches, affiliates and clients in the Asia-Pacific Region and other foreign markets. It is a branch of a multinational company that exists under the laws of a nation other than the Philippines..
The primary purpose of an RHQ is to act as a supervisory, communications, and coordinating center for its subsidiaries affiliates and branches in the Asia- Pacific region and is not allowed to derive income in the Philippines.
A minimum of USD50,000.00 must be remitted yearly to the Philippines RHQ to cover operational expenses.
Appointing a Local Agent is obligatory.
Documentary Requirements for RHQ registration.
- Name Verification Slip issued by the SEC
- Certification by the Philippine Consulate/Embassy or the Philippine Commercial Office or from the equivalent office of the Philippines Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in the applicant’s home country that said foreign firm is an entity engaged in international trade with affiliates, subsidiaries or branch offices in the Asia Pacific and other foreign markets; in case the certification is issued by the equivalent of the Philippine DTI, the same shall be authenticated by the Philippines Consulate/Embassy
- A certificate from principal officer of the foreign entity that the said foreign entity has been authorized by its board of directors or governing body to establish its regional or area headquarters in the Philippines
- Endorsement by the Board of Investments (BOI)
- Bank certificate: Proof of inward remittance of USD50,000
Contact Dayanan Philippines Business Consultants to find out how to setup your RHQ business in the Philippines.