Businesses are constantly looking for ways to cut costs and increase productivity. One of the many ways this can be achieved is by investing in advanced technologies that will eradicate timely hand-operated tasks. These allow organizations to waste less time on routine but necessary office work and more time on Important Matters.
What is a Document Imaging System?
- A Document Imaging System is a software that allows users to store, organize and retrieve digital records. (E.g. scanned images, photos and general office documents).
What can it do to help your Business?
- Be able to instantly access documents anytime, anywhere.
- Implement an electronic workflow.
- Sophisticated search and retrieval capabilities.
- Merge a Document Imaging System with other essential business applications to manage IT costs and propel efficiency.
- Guarantee document recovery in the case of a disaster. It allows multiple backups to be stored at offsite locations providing a means to recover data.
Document Imaging Systems are vital to an organization’s capability to process and share information quickly, helping employees make decisions faster. However, This is only one step forward. Organizations looking to get the most out of the technology often forget two other crucial technologies that make these systems possible, which are Optical Character Recognition and Data Capture.
It’s almost always the same story every time. Businesses purchased a Document Imaging System believing it would improve the productivity and reduce inefficiencies in the workplace but in their evaluations, they neglected to think about all the documents they presently have sitting in their filing cabinets around the office. Whilst they can effectively take care of new, electronic documents, they do not have way of digitizing or extracting important data from existing paper documents. Optical Character Recognition and Data Capture are what make this possible. They allow organizations to get rid of cabinets full of paper documents, and make all of the information held on them accessible online throughout the whole organization. Without this capability, employees are left with half of the information,therefore only half of the productivity gains. With these in place, employees can appreciate not having to run around back and forth to the file cabinet or be asked to track down a relevant document out of the Archive.
The Best System we’ve come across, so far, has been Enadoc. Where you are able to Search efficiently, Organize, Capture and Secure your document, and most importantly save time and money.
Has your organization invested in a Document Imaging System? If so, did they simultaneously acquire Optical Character Recognition and Data Capture solutions?
Contact us NOW for a presentation on how Enadoc can help your business succeed.