Philippines Visa and Work Permits for Foreign Investors and Working Expats

Foreigners visiting the Philippines for any reason, whether as tourists, employees, investors setting up a business, or retiree are required to obtain visas. Visas are issued by the Bureau of Immigration while alien employment permits are issued by the Department of Labor and Employment. There are many kinds of visas available allowing foreigners to stay in the Philippines.

Dayanan’s Accredited Visa & Immigration Consultants assists individuals and company employees in selecting the correct visa, and processing all documents with the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

Having the correct type of visa is important. A person with a tourist visa caught working or overstaying may face fines, deportation and listing on the Philippines immigration blacklist.

Standard for those who wish to visit the Philippines for travel.
Usually issued upon arrival to citizens of most countries and valid for 30 days.

Working visa that allows employers in the Philippines to employ foreign nationals.

Foreigners who employ at least 10 Filipino full time in a sustainable enterprise may apply for this visa.

VISA issued to employees of PEZA or BOI registered companies RHQ and ROHQ

9(d) Treaty Trader Visa

Available to nationals of the United States, Japan and Germany specifically to carry on commerce pursuant to an existing treaty, or a foreigner for the purpose of developing and directing the operations of a business in the Philippines.

The SIRV is a program of the government to attract foreign investments into the country. The program requires investors to remit at least US$75,000 into the country.

The Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) is a lifetime visa and its holders are exempt from Bureau of Immigration requirements. SRRV-holders are also eligible to work, study or invest in the Philippines.