Ever wonder how to handle public relations (PR) for business development, corporate social responsibility (CSR), and social advocacy programs? Here’s your chance to learn the basics of the trade!
DAYANAN brings you “Public Relations for Business and Government: A Crash Course for Professionals.” It will be held on October 24, 2019 (Thursday) from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Venue is at ExeQserve Training Center located at Unit 618, AIC Burgundy Empire Tower, ADB Ave. corner Sapphire Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
The whole-day seminar aims to equip members of your corporate communications, marketing, and public information teams with the knowledge and skills of an effective PR professional. It has a unique learning framework, one that focuses on practical tips and tricks of the trade that can immediately applied to actual organizations.
Specific topics to be discussed during the seminar include practical how-to’s on:
- Building Relationships with the Media
- Writing Press Releases, Advisories, & Talking Points
- Organizing Press Conference & Interviews
- Communicating for Development
- Handling Negative Publicity
- Communications Planning
- Managing Social Media Accounts
Detailed program flow, testimonials from previous attendees, and information about the speaker can be found at the bottom of this page.
The seminar will employ lectures, participatory exercises, group presentations, along with a short open forum. Expected attendees in this unique learning and networking opportunity include corporate communicators, marketing professionals, local and national government employees, development workers, local diplomatic staff, and corporate social responsibility (CSR) representatives.
Register now via bit.ly/2XJW4JF (Google Form). Alternatively, you may contact Courtney at +632 576-8476 or +63 956-661-9253. She can then guide you through the online registration process. Learning investment is PhP 4,000.00 per participant (inclusive of VAT). This is inclusive of AM and PM snacks, lunch, delegate kit, learning handouts, and certificate of participation. You may also choose to avail of our discounts:
• Early Bird Discount: Registration fee will only be PhP 3,500.00 if you register on or before October 1 (Tuesday).
• Group Discount: Registration fee will only be PhP 3,000.00 per participant if there are at least 3 attendees from your company / organization.
Per National Budget Circular No. 563 issued by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), government attendees can exceed the PhP 2,000.00 limit set for registration fees of trainings conducted by private institutions. Click this link for a copy of the DBM circular dated April 22, 2016.
You may read more about modes of payment as well as our terms and conditions at the registration form cited above and at our Seminars page.
- I have new learnings to take home with me which will help me progress in my tasks and role in the organization. – from Land Bank of the Philippines
- The speaker was very approachable, amiable, & knowledgeable. – from ACCORD
- I enjoyed the participative discussions, where I was able to learn not just from the speaker but also from my fellow participants. – from Children’s Hour Philippines Foundation
- Module 7: The Day After (Editor’s Note: Topics included evaluation, handling negative publicity, thanking media attendees, pitching post-event PRs) was helpful and contributed to my personal working development. – from City Government of San Fernando, La Union
About the Speaker
Darwin Masacupan is not your average corporate storyteller. A Political Science graduate from UP Diliman, he has a variety of experiences doing PR and managing events—from a barangay flood drill to a forum with the 2016 presidentiables.
He got his career start at Pathways to Higher Education, an NGO based in Ateneo de Manila University, where he implemented academic and non-academic leadership formation programs for hundreds of high school and college students. Darwin then transitioned to a more behind-the-scenes role for disaster risk reduction nonprofit ACCORD. He helped build its PR and volunteer programs from the ground up while liaising with international and local NGO partners for joint advocacies and events.
He then joined Metrobank Foundation, one of the country’s largest corporate foundations. He managed 360-degree communication efforts for its various programs, including the Search for Outstanding Filipinos and National Teachers’ Month. In addition, he handled event preparations and publicity for an award given to the late Metrobank Group Chairman Dr. George S.K. Ty by Japanese Emperor Akihito.
In 2018, Darwin left his corporate job for the freelancing world. Notable projects include writing feature stories for UKAID-funded TUKLAS Innovation Labs and articles for BPO Work Assisted. In his current role as DAYANAN’s Marketing and Operations Consultant, he oversees the development and promotion of seminars geared for today’s professionals. He also helps market DisasterKit emergency response and readiness products to government and NGO actors.